Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) is our flagship course mean to lay knowledge needed to be the Scrum Product Owner and help organisations adopt Scrum methodology. The course will develop understanding of all the roles in Scrum.
The Product Owner represents the interests of the stakeholder community to the Scrum Team. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring clear communication of product or service functionality requirements to the Scrum Team, defining Acceptance Criteria, and ensuring those criteria are met. The Product Owner must always maintain a dual view. He or she must understand and support the needs and interests of all stakeholders, while also understanding the needs and workings of the Scrum Team. For this critical role, it is important to lay the right foundations within any organisation.
Applicants will be awarded the Scrum Product Owner Certified (SPOC™) certificate by SCRUMstudy upon successfully passing the certification exam, which is a 3 hour online multiple choice exam. Exams are administered by SCRUMstudy and Need to schedule the exam in advance using the membership account or taken at a time convenient to you. The cost of exam is included in the course fee (2 free re-takes included)
This certification course is suitable for anyone who interface with stakeholders such as:
- Scrum Masters
- Business Managers
- Product Managers
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Agile Business Analysts
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is recommended that you undertake SDC™ or SMC™ Courses to better understand the concepts required for SPOC™ certification exam.
- Participants will be familiar with the concepts, advantages, and challenges of the Scrum methodology.
- Participants will be equipped with the knowledge needed to be the Scrum Product Owner or Agile Business Analyst in their organizations and help their organizations adopt Scrum methodology. Furthermore, participants will develop an understanding of all the roles in Scrum.
- Participants will be equipped to deal with the Project Stakeholders and take care of the business/value side of things.
- Participants will have experience carrying out a Scrum project through simulated case scenarios.
- Participants will have knowledge pertaining to and can anticipate issues related to the practical implementation of Scrum.
- Participants will be armed with the proper tools to address, resolve, and take the lead on Scrum issues in their organizations.